469 遗失行李会用到的英语 - a podcast by Fly with Lily

from 2020-01-17T15:36:44

:: ::

在外旅行,碰到突发事件,需要练习英语口语的机会太多了,这个时候同学常会反应书到 用时方恨少。


这次我碰到在美国的班机延误,行李没有赶上转机飞机而延迟的事情。人到了,东西还没 有到,这两年大家问我住哪里,我都是说,I live out of my suitcases. (我住在我的行李箱 里。= 我到处旅行)


所以行李还没有到,忽然感觉很失落。(已经第四天还是没有行李的消息) 下次要换个说法了。Home is where heart is. (家就是心所在的地方。) 但是打起精神啰,这时得找到可以申报遗失行李(lost luggage)的地方!


遗失行李申报四部曲


1. 首先你要说:

I'd like to report a lost luggage. 我要申报一个遗失行李

or

My luggage is missing/delayed. 我的行李遗失/延误了。


2. 接下来工作人员会问你:

航班号(flight number)、姓名(name)

(这时如果你有登机牌和行李标签直接给他们就行了)

 

3. 然后可能会问你更多的相关资讯


你的住宿的时间长短(How long are you staying?)、在家/住宿的住址(Home address/Hotel address)、电话(phone number)、和邮件地址(Email)。 或需要你填写表格(fill out the form)、描述你行李的样子(describe how your suitcase look like) 多大啦(size)、颜色啦(color)、品牌(brand)




4. 最后会给你一个案件号码(file number),剩下的只有祈祷


啦!这里有一个模拟对话,希望可以帮助到大家。


A = passenger 乘客

B = agent 客服员


A: Excuse me Miss, I didn't find my luggage in the baggage claim.

小姐不好意思. 我没在转盘上找到我的行李


B: Really? Can you give me your flight number please?

真的吗? 麻烦你给我你的班机号码好吗? 


A: Yes. It's AA 319.

好的. 班机是 AA319


B: From Boston right?

从波士顿来的吧?


A: Yeah. The one just arrived.

对啊。刚刚才降落的那班。


B: That's strange. I think all the luggage were out already.

那奇怪了,所有的行李应该都出来了呢。


A: That's exact the problem. I can't find mine.

 那就是问题的所在啊。 我找不到我的。


B: Give me a second please, I will go double check.

请等我一下,我去确定一下。


A: I'll be here.

我会在这裡等。


B: Sorry for the wait. Yeah, everything was out. How many bags did you check in, by the way?

抱歉久等了。对啊,每样都出来了,你寄了几件行李呢?


A: I checked in two.

我寄了两件。


B: Then... you are missing two of them???

那你是两个都不见了嘛?


A: No. Just one, but that one is really important.

不。只有一个,但那一个非常重要。


B: I fully understand the seriousness of this issue. Can you describe the one you were missing?

我完全了解这是一个很严重的事情。你可以形容一下那个行李嘛?


A: It's about 2'x 3'. All black and has wheels.

I also has a tag with my name and address on it.

 

大概 2 呎 x 3 呎全黑的有轮子。我还有写我的名子和地址在标籤上面。


B: Mmm... okay. Can you please fill out this form for me please.

嗯,好的。可以请你帮我填这份表吗? 


A: Sure...

当然...


B: How long will you be staying in New York?

你会在纽约待多久呢?


A: About three days, I am here for a conference.

大概三天吧。我是来开会的。


B: In this case, would you like us to send it to the hotel you are staying in when we find your luggage? 这样的话,你会希望我们找到你的行李后送到您住的旅馆吗?


A: That'd be great! How long do you think it would take? Or how long does it actually take?

那太好了. 你认为大概要多久呢? 或是一般来说大概要多久?

 

B: it's case by case. i can't really guarantee anything at this point.

这要看情况. 现在我也没办法保证呢。


A: Oh god. I hope no one took it accidentally.


天啊。我希望不会是有人误拿了…


B: We will try our best to look for it.

我们会尽力来找的


A: Okay then... thanks...

好吧... 多谢了。

 

B: I'm sorry about that, is there anything i can help you with?

真的很不好意思还有能为您服务的地方吗? 


A: No. Just this one.

没了就这件事..


要怎么样让行李遗失的损失减到最轻呢?

1. Pack light 不要打包太多东西

2. Take everything you can't live without with you 重要的东西带身上

3. Buy luggage insurance 买行李保险


Further episodes of 第二輯 學英語環遊世界

Further podcasts by Fly with Lily

Website of Fly with Lily